Monday 12 October 2009

Around Loch Earn

Today was a pretty good Autumn day weather wise, so I headed off to St. Fillans with my bike in the boot of the car and heading out the Crieff road, St. Fillans is approximately an hours drive from Perth.

After finding it relatively easy to park at this time of year at St. Fillans, I headed off to cycle around the South side of Loch Earn. It is quite lumpy and bumpy, but not too difficult despite being a single track road with passing places. It was not too busy today, but sometimes water enthusiasts and caravans can be plentiful during the Summer months and weekends, but today it was lovely and quiet.

The route right around the loch from St. Fillans, through Lochearnhead and back to my car was just under 27 kms and there was plenty of good places to stop and take in the views, I even saw some lovely red squirrels, but they would not stop long enough for a photograph, so I took one of my bike and the water instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment