Friday 15 May 2009

Welcome to my blog

Hi, welcome to my blog.

In Novemeber 2009 I will be cycling with EMMS International on their Cycle The Jordan Valley and today is day one of getting myself fit enough to cycle around 400 kms in what will probably be quite hot conditions.

I am going as part of a group who will be aiming to raise as much money as possible for The Nazareth Hospital and you can get more information on the Charity at http://www.emms.org/programmes/article.php?articleID=24

I have always wanted to visit Israel, but never expected to get an opportunity like this to make my dream come true, so I am just bursting with excitement. I know this is going to be so exciting cycling from the Red Sea to the Sea of Galilee right into Nazareth itself. There is such historical and biblical interest for me in this trip and to be able to raise money at the same time to help people in the Middle East gives me a real sense of doing something really worthwhile.

The idea of this blog is to keep everyone updated on fundraising for this event and keep track of my progress and encourage me towards the physical fitness I need to achieve my goal.

Here's a 'before pic', lets hope the after will be a lot better!!


Thank you for reading this, if you have any tips, advice or would like more information please leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol,
    Keep it up! I'll be joining you on the bike ride - looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the crew. I've got a blog too: http://answersingenes.blogspot.com .
    I hope you've been keeping up the training - I only started training in August, so I hope the old pins are in shape and that I can keep up with you and the others.
    Keep pedalling!
    -Shane

    ReplyDelete