Saturday 25 July 2009

All the way to Dunkeld and back ..........

Today has been the best day weather wise and it's my day off, so I packed up a few bananas in my cycle bag and headed off before 10.00 am this morning.

I took the usual route via the Inches and along the River Tay and then headed up to Luncarty, through Stanley and Murthly and headed downhill towards Dunkeld which made up for all the little hills I had to tackle earlier.

I lunched on my banana and a bottle of water down by the River Tay for approximately an hour just along from the Cathedral and then Jonathan arrived with a sandwich. Some other guests also arrived to enjoy the picnic..........



Then back on my bike and followed the river towards Caputh, back into Murthly and up through Stanley and Luncarty and arrived home around 3.00 pm, having clocked up 64.4 kms.

The traffic was quite heavy on the way home, probably the result of major roadworks on the A9 sending cars to look for an alternative route, however most were very tollerant of me and no toots this time from impatient drivers, as I have experienced in the past!

I am pleased with the distance I achieved today as it is probably the closest I have done so far to compare with what I will have to cycle in Israel, just multiply it a few times and multiply the temperature too!!! Never mind I will be a lot fitter by the time November comes if I keep this up, so I am not put off at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment